Atlanta, GA | Contract
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
The (Product) Development Manager is responsible for the technical delivery of the product. He/she is expected to have hands-on knowledge and experience in Java and typical Java application stack (JEE e.g. Tomcat, Spring framework, etc.) and guide the team in technical aspects.
• Agile practices: The PDM is expected to follow our agile methodology and scrum practices to bring the product to life using our suite of application lifecycle management tools.
• Product delivery: A Product Development Manager (PDM) is accountable to manage and deliver products through several phases, which includes taking an idea, from concept to prototype to minimal viable product, and finally release of the product in to the market. The PDM is also responsible to drive the product and marketing efforts to support the company’ s overall strategy and goals.
• Capabilities and user stories: The PDM is responsible to work with the team to gather and prioritize the functionality to be built and delivered, collaborate with the architecture, UX team, business sponsors and owners, and follow our software QA method and phase gates.
• Architecture and software licensing: The PDM will work with the solution architects to refine the planned architecture and confirm the licensing is in place for development.
• Manage scope and budget: The PDM is responsible for release planning, cost estimation, putting together the team, and running the daily scrum meetings to confirm the project stays within scope.
• Status updates: The PDM reviews the product delivery at the appropriate phase gates with legal, marketing and business stakeholders to confirm the customer satisfaction goals are met and to help inform leadership about product investment decisions.
• Team management: The PDM is expected to work with remote teams and geographically distributed teams to complete the product development.
Basic Required Skills:
• Bachelor’ s Degree is required.
• 10 plus years of total work experience.
• 5 plus years of related project & product management and development experience.
Additional Preferred Experience:
• Advanced degree.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office.