atlanta, GA | Direct Hire
The Software Development Lead role is a hybrid technical management role involving some management responsibilities as well as hands-on technical development responsibilities. The Dev Lead will oversee several (2-4) offshore software development teams, acting as their local technical point of contact and providing them technical architectural guidance and direction. The Dev Lead will work closely with the local Product Owner / Business Analyst to define the team’ s direction, assist with the assignment of responsibilities, write software to help the team achieve their goals, and assist with production issues during their off hours. The teams the Dev Lead have been with the company for many years and are tasked with designing, developing, maintaining, and enhancing a number of our core web applications in the market leading the company’ s product offerings.
- Provide technical leadership and architectural direction for several offshore development teams
- Work closely with the Product Owner / Business Analyst to ensure the teams have clear direction on what to build
- Partner with offshore leadership to organize the teams to effectively deliver high quality software
- Act as local point of contact for questions and issues raised by teams
- Design, develop, maintain and enhance web applications
- Work closely and effectively with product owners in an Agile environment to understand their needs.
- Actively participate in code and design reviews
Requirements / Experience:
- BS in Computer Science (or equivalent industry experience)
- 8+ years of full stack software development experience using the following technologies: C#, ASP.Net MVC Web API, Entity Framework, REST, Angular, SQL
- Strong knowledge of Object Oriented Programming, common design patterns, industry best practices, and emerging technologies
- 2+ years working closely with offshore development teams
- 2+ years working as technical leader for software development team, providing technical direction to rest of team
- Experience with MS SQL Server
- Experience with software version control, git is ideal
- Extensive experience with Agile software development methodology.
- Ability to analyze, solve problems and work with the team to identify and fix the root cause of the problems.
- Excellent communication and team collaboration skills with ability to engage with technical and non-technical stakeholders. Clearly communicate status, road-blocks and concerns to the team on an ongoing basis.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team, providing leadership and guidance as needed
- Experience with AWS is a plus
- Other nice-to-have skills: MongoDB, Docker, NGINX, LINQ, git