DevOps Engineer - Cloud Platform
Atlanta, Georgia | Scout
DevOps Engineer - Cloud
Join a global leader in the payment industry focused on employee growth and creativity. This company’ s mission is to keep people feeling challenged at work, day in and day out. Our client is looking for new talent to help them meet their challenging goals. With 180 locations worldwide, there is an opportunity for you.
Play a key role as a DevOps Engineer on a newly formed team focused on developing our client' s Cloud Platform. In this role, you will be responsible for the overall success of product/solution deployment including designing automated installations, maintenance of stable production environments and on-time production releases. Responsibilities will include:
- Delivering production code at a regular cadence using Agile techniques, tools and methodologies
- Building automation tools and components to aid in installation and provisioning of cloud-based applications in AWS, Azure, or similar cloud providers
- Collaborating with the development teams and ensuring products and services are pushed into production
- Automating the deployment of products and services and actively monitors to ensure uptime and effective performance of applications and data centers
- Acting as an escalation point to address issues with outages and operations and actively forecasts to proactively address issues and minimize downtimes
- Managing the entire deployment process, including the production environments and the user acceptance testing process
- 3-5 years of software development experience
- A deep understanding of the value of continuous delivery and want to help teams release frequently and often to production, with high quality.
- Ability to tackle problems both at the large scale (think hundred-node clusters) and the small scale (think individual atomic locks).
- A drive to continually learn new technologies, tools, and methodologies, including those out of your comfort zone.
- A solid understanding of core computer science fundamentals including common data structures, algorithms, and concurrent programming.
- Strong attention to detail and excellent analytical capabilities.
- Passion for developing clear, robust, and testable software.
- BS in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience