DevOps Engineer - Azure
Atlanta, GA | Direct Hire
DevOps Systems Engineer (Azure, Windows, Powershell, Automation)
Our client encompasses a team of specialists responsible for the availability, performance and security of our online applications, achieving this goal by working closely with development, test and commercial teams. You will be involved in projects from the early design phase to ensure that the service is built to the highest level of resilience and security.
As a successful candidate, you will need to work with the product teams to design and agree a hosting architecture that promotes maintainability, scalability, and security whilst remaining cost effective. During the implementation stages, you will be responsible for the timely delivery of the service, leading the product teams whilst integrating our change and incident management processes.
Many of our services are on cloud platforms, enabling flexibility and scalability that is difficult to achieve in a traditionally hosted environment. Whilst cloud-computing experience is desirable, it is not a requirement, as the successful candidate will receive extensive training.
We are looking for people passionate about technology. If most of the words below combine to describe you, please apply.
- Server Operating systems (Windows Server 2012/2008).
- Networking – virtual networks topologies.
- Cloud – Azure PaaS and/or Azure IaaS
- Web Hosting (IIS, or nginx) and applications (e.g .NET, Passenger/Rails.)
- Database technologies, one or more of the following: MSSQL, Azure Cloud: Azure SQL DB, DynamoDB, other RDBMS or NoSQL products.
- Automation and scripting (e.g. PowerShell & Ansible preferred; Chef, Puppet, bash, Ruby and/or Python)
Highly Desirable Experience
- Supporting highly available online services
- Azure PaaS and/or Azure IaaS