Desktop Technician - Deployment
Dalton, GA | Contract
Desktop Deployment Technician
The Desktop Technician' s role is to provide a single point of contact for end users to receive support and maintenance within the organization' s desktop computing environment. This includes installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining and upgrading all PC hardware and equipment to ensure optimal workstation performance. The person will also troubleshoot problem areas (in person, by telephone, or via email) in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end-user assistance where required.
- Provide a single point of contact for end users to receive support and maintenance within the organizations desktop computing environment.
- Install, diagnose, repair, maintain and upgrade all PC hardware and equipment to ensure optimal workstation performance.
- Troubleshoot problem areas in person, by telephone, or via e-mail in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end-user assistance where required.
- Configure, install, and support desktop computers, laptop computers, handheld devices, printers, monitors, portable data storage devices, and other general peripherals.
- Relocate IT equipment including desktop computers, printers, monitors, portable data storage devices, and other general peripherals.
- Configure IT devices for secure operation, including installation of security software, software updates, and other configurations as required.
- Diagnose hardware and software failures, communicate the remediation plans to users, and provide status updates.
- Connect and configure IT devices to use computer networks.
- Support desktop maintenance, including inventory and software distribution, and security maintenance, including virus updates and patch management.
- Assist staff with the installation, configuration, and ongoing usability of desktop computers, peripheral equipment and software within established standards and guidelines.
- Responsible for deployment of new hardware to new or existing employees. Responsible for ensuring the employee(s) have the proper data, and software requested.
- Responsible for immediate responses to inquiries and issues reported on our SharePoint Systems List.
- Responsible for escalating issues in a timely manner through the proper escalation chann
- 1+ years Desktop Imaging experience required.
- Ability to solve problems, troubleshoot under pressure while remaining calm and professional.
- Reliable transportation.