Dublin, OH | Contract
Database Engineer provides database administration and engineering for new and enhancements to existing database environments to include performance of the following related tasks: software installation, upgrades, query writing, configuration, database creation, security, system monitoring and tuning, disaster recovery planning, implementation and backup and recovery.
- Create and enhance databases across internal and end-user applications.
- Analyze existing database applications to migrate into or improve the functioning on the platform.
- Participate in the design and implementation of large/complex databases
- Administer database security across all database environments.
- Prepare periodic reports regarding units activities and goal attainment.
- Maintain a state-of-the-art knowledge of existing best practices in database administration.
- Support database centric projects from inception to production deployment (all things database)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to work effectively across multiple business lines, external technology partners and fellow team members.
- Proven ability to manage projects.
- Excellent analytical and design skills at multiple product level.
- Excellent research, analysis, project planning and implementation skills.
- Aware of business issues as they impact overall project plans.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent. Minimum 2 years of database related experience.
- Prior experience with the following is preferred: SQL Clustering, Transact-SQL & MS Data Transformation Services (DTS) and SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) knowledge, Replication, Availability Groups, Performance Tuning, Backup and recovery methods, Log shipping, Database Mirroring, Database capacity planning, and Users and Role creation and monitoring.
- Experience in third party tools like Quest Software SQL LiteSpeed, Quest Software SpotLight, Quest Foglight and Quest Foglight Performance Analysis.
- Experience in SQL 2005/2008/2008R2/2012 database management and related products from Microsoft including Powershell, Windows 2003/2008R2 Server and desktop operating systems. SCOM 2007/2012 is a plus.
- Prior experience performing database administration functions and supporting Oracle 9i, 10g, and 11g RAC in a 24x7 production environment
- Proven skills and experience with Oracle 10g/11g RAC
- Database and RAC implementations experience and troubleshooting skills in mission critical environment
- Setting up and maintaining DataGuard and/or Golden Gate on 10g/11g/12c with MAA
- Demonstrated knowledge of database internals and data structures
- Knowledge of SQL/SQL*Plus, PL/SQL, and stored procedures
- Knowledge of Database Backup and recovery using RMAN and logical backups
- Understanding of OEM Grid Control for 10g/11g/12c -Knowledge of Unix shell or Perl scripting languages and underlying OS
- Data / database encryption methodologies / implementations
- Experience with Oracle 12c a plus