Alpharetta, GA | Direct Hire
As a Database Developer, responsible for designing, developing, implementing and supporting the payroll application database. Critical to success of the position is individual credibility and the ability to work effectively and interdependently with stakeholders.
The Database Developer will be responsible for the designing, programming, and implementing databases and packages customized to meet specific client/internal customer needs, and performance of critical database systems. This is a “hands-on” position requiring solid technical skills, as well as excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the development and sustainment of the SQL Server & Oracle and other database components and ensuring its operational readiness (security, health and performance). The candidate must be capable of working independently and collaborative
- Define, improve, enforce, and validate standards, processes, and best practices for databases.
- Strong work experience in performance tuning including complex queries, procedure, provide scalable performance, proactive maintenance, capacity planning, and indexing strategies
- Experience in Database design, Data Modeling and well versed with SQL Server and Oracle best practices
- Analyze and resolve, or recommend solutions to highly complex technical problems such as performance issues, integration of object-oriented relational database technology, data quality issues.
- Take initiative in providing proper analysis and recommendations to help/guide management in decision making.
Education and skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, related field or equivalent experience.
- Excellent database development skills in various database technologies including Oracle 11.x,! 2c and MS SQL Server 2012/2014.
- Excellent understanding of RDBMS design concepts and willingness to learn new technologies in fast evolving database trends
- Ability to create complex queries for ad hoc reporting. Strong troubleshooting, performance tuning and, analysis skills with the ability to relate multiple pieces of data to solve business needs
- Identify inefficiencies in current databases and investigate solutions . Diagnose and resolve performance issues.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Very good experience on Medium to larger SQL Server and Oracle production databases on a 24x7 environments with extensive performance tuning experience
- Must be capable of building and running these systems on his/her own, but work well in team environment as well. Demonstrated initiatives which improve service availability.
- Minimum five years’ experience in database development in small to medium sized businesses, preferably in industries with high levels of transaction processing.
- Minimum two years of recent experience with Oracle 11.x.
- 2 + years’ experience in designing database tuning and scaling.
- 2 + years’ experience with writing SQL queries, stored procedures, views and functions.
- Experience with MS SQL Server is preferred.