Data Governance Analyst Jr
Atlanta, GA | Contract
Data Governance Analyst JR
The role of the Jr Data Governance Analyst is to help ensure the data flowing into our systems is accurate and of good quality. The analyst will help:
CRM organization surrounding data, will use various tools to monitor data quality such as IBM MDM, and will be responsible for executing changes to metadata through an ERwin web portal.
• Dedicate significant attention to metadata and definitions, including taxonomies and ontologies which store knowledge about the complex domain of customer data.
• Give recommendations and analyze new or refine existing oversight processes and tools to execute an overall data management strategy and metadata oversight to ensure data quality.
• Ensure quality checks are built into data sharing and exchange, data makes sense for its intended users, direction and compliance are provided to data operations maintaining the schema, guidance is given to internal organizations about how to manage data so that it is consistently provided, and there is infrastructure oversight to the platform and architecture, ensuring all systems and components.
This position reports to the CRM Customer Database Manager.
• Individual must be analytical, detail oriented and have strategic thinking
• Strong overall data lifecycle knowledge is preferred in order to understand the end to end process of data and the downstream systems that are impacted
• Maintain strong relationships / communication with business stakeholders, IT teams, and business area/teams. Strong communication Skills – both oral and written
• The ability to represent Data Governance in enterprise meetings. Must have strong interpersonal skills in order to meet routinely with individuals at all levels of the organization.
• Work with CRM Customer Database Manager to draft and communicate policies and standards and processes. Must have organizational and analytical skills.
• Assist with the maintenance of the Data Governance Business Glossary and report on data quality metrics, terms, categories, policies and rules