Data Analyst - EDI Integrations
Atlanta, GA | Contract
Leads and manages technical documentation, EDI supplier implementation projects for end-to-end delivery and implementations. Targeted focus will be managing following EDI processes with Suppliers (primarily):
• Lead new and current Supplier EDI Implementations for full systems testing including:
- Project Management
- Weekly Status Calls and Project updates
- Data Analysis to ensure accuracy.
- Testing EDI transactions in/out of JDE ERP environment
- Document testing processes
- Integration testing with EDI Shared Services team
- Integration testing with Supplier EDI IT team
• Champions and advocates for Product Management business needs as it relates to overall integration strategy working towards improving the Supplier experience and decreasing time to implement EDI Supplier transactions through standardization of testing processes. Empowered to improve the business and supplier experience at every stage.
Position Performance Measures:
• Easy to understand, visual integration instructions for suppliers, business, EDI Shared Services and IT team members that ensure: 1) quality LOE estimates per suppler project effort 2) on-target, successful integration projects with suppliers and 3) reduction in supplier EDI support post implementation.
• Instructional material “how-to” for supplier integration testing end-to-end to allow understanding and ease of implementations, repeatable processes.
• Improve time to implement standard EDI projects with suppliers.
Technical Writer Responsibilities:
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong teamwork with Product, Supplier and EDI Shared Services teams.
• Ability to analyze, interpret, and simplify technical information, and clearly communicate this information to target audiences
• Create users documentation for a variety of materials, including How-To guides and manuals for on-boarding of new resources, QA team members, etc.
• Experience creating Workflow diagrams
• Ability to acquire and contribute base-level subject matter expertise while working with various departmental subject matter experts for deeper understanding of desired content for accuracy. Ability to develop and deliver work flows, processes, charts, tables, and procedures to client specifications.
• Technical diagrams (server environments, relationship diagrams, workflows, etc.)
• Review all documents for completeness, identify exceptions, missing or problematic business logic and rules.
• Translates technical information into clear, readable documents to be used by technical and non-technical personnel
• Assist with Supplier on-boarding documentation and processes
Data Analyst Responsibilities:
• Knowledge of relational databases and query concepts – DB2 and SQL.
• Monitor changes and data analysis skills to ensure data integrity.
• Ability to analyze data received via EDI transactions to ensure seamless integration into ERP (JDE).
• Ability to test EDI processes and verify Sales Orders, Purchase Orders and Vouchers are updated within the ERP (JDE) successfully.
• Work closely with business, development, and testing teams (internal and external).
• Analyze disparate data sources and determine issue resolution and recommendations to Supplier EDI IT team.
• Produce internal process mapping documentation
• Serve as resource for developing internal data standards and documentation
• Strong understanding of data and gaps
• Knowledge of Supplier EDI transactions
• Knowledge of Procure-to-Pay ERP processes
• Knowledge of Orders-to-Cash ERP processes
• Knowledge of third party EDI provider systems is a plus (Sterling Commerce)
• Ability to understand Supplier integration requirements and address any issues with suppliers EDI IT team.
• Strong communication and organizational skills
• Works well under pressure with good time management skills plus good work ethic
• Superior management skills to lead a team (both internal and external) in achieving desired goals.
• IT background desired including ITIL and change management methodologies
• Very strong communication skills to interact with multiple groups across organizations.
• 3 years technical writer, IT analyst and database management.
• BS/BA – Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Business Management (preferred)