Coordinator Dealer Services
Indianapolis, IN | Contract To Hire
Dealer Services Coordinator
This position works with customers and location operational groups to ensure that the sale runs smoothly both operationally and administratively. Works closely with the Field Sales team to ensure that customer expectations are met or exceeded. Promotes and educates customers on the various products and services provided by Manheim.
- Represents the Dealer Sales Lane at the location on sale days — promotes services such as auto certification, accepts and solicits reserve numbers from Dealers, assigns run numbers, reps vehicles on the block, works “ IF” counter, up sells products and services, etc.
- Works with lane, department managers, market sales team, and other coordinators to ensure each vehicle crosses the auction block on sale day and or is posted on OVE; also responsible for ensuring vehicles are ran if needed.
- Works directly with customer onsite, via email & phone to ensure expectations are met and service issues are resolved.
- Champions all sale day preparations (pre/post activities) related to in lane and online sales.
- Demonstrates professionalism and sincere appreciation for the business relationships that have been established amongst the dealers.
- Investigates, troubleshoots, and resolves customer problems and issues; serves as a liaison between customers, sales teams, and location personnel to reconcile problems and to maintain a high level of customer service.
- Assist with customer care issues and respond to dealer inquiries, problems, or concerns in a professional manner and escalate as necessary.
- Educate customers on Online Vehicle Exchange
- Provide consultation to customers regarding setting of floor prices prior to every sale and educate dealers if needed to MMR. .
- Develop and strengthen relationships with dealers over the phone, online and at the Auction through planned contact and meetings, as well as feedback sessions regarding Auction and online use and services.
- Serve as initial contact for buyers and sellers.
- Maximize the number of transactions on OVE. Promote all listings onsite and offsite.
- Load inventory for dealers including vehicle with condition reports.
- Solicit inventory and offer additional services to all buyers (PSIs, recon, CRs).
- Identify sold units and facilitate transactions through completion to include but not limited to the following:
-Monitor notifications generated online (e.g., purchase confirmation).
-Confirm availability and location of vehicle (and title) at the time of sale.
-Generate and maintain required documentation for all transactions (e.g., Auction Bill of Sale, Gate Release).
- Work with manager to ensure a consistent and effective online and in-lane customer experience, appropriate transaction processing, high customer satisfaction and service levels.
- Walk vehicles for/with account representative and make recommendations for reconditioning to increase vehicle value
- Reviews vehicles in sales line, locates missing vehicles, and works with customers and operations to ensure that vehicles are prepared for sale .
- Coordinates with Recon shops to ensure that repairs are completed in a timely manner
- Works closely with vehicle check in operations to ensure all work is completed on dealer vehicles (i.e., recon, inspections, details, etc.).
- Contacts inside support if units are pulled from the sale or online for work not being completed or mechanical issues so this can be communicated to the customer.
- Work with lot operations and quadrant coordinators to ensure appropriate scanning and organization of account vehicles.
- Review vehicles in sale line up, locate missing vehicles, and work with account representative to ensure vehicles are ready for sale.
- Visibly demonstrates safety commitment by following all safety and health procedures and modeling the behaviors related to such.
- Actively participates in support of all safety activities aligned with Safety Excellence.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- 1 - 3 years Auction experience or 2 - 4 years dealership experience strongly preferred. Previous experience in sales support role desired.
- Effective communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills required.
- Ability to work in a high performance, fast-paced team environment.
- Solid computer skills, including ability to use Internet and MS Office effectively.
- Ability to adapt to and work effectively within a constantly changing environment.
- Excellent customer service and problem solving skills required.
- Ability to sit or stand for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks; manual dexterity.
- Vision abilities required include close, distance and depth perception.