Cloud System Administrator
Plano, TX | Direct Hire
Cloud System Administrator, Cloud/ SaaS
Seeking someone experienced in supporting Cloud Operations to become part of our Web and Cloud Operations team. The team is a small, highly efficient team focused on migrating client’s applications from on premise solutions to the cloud - and leveraging all of the features this opportunity presents. This position will also ensure that operational processes are established for on-going support. This opportunity is perfect for an individual who wants to make a tangible difference within a rapidly growing team.
• Four or more years of LINUX System Administration
• Two or more experience with administrating SaaS environments and tuning?
• Strong knowledge of Linux, JBoss, shell scripts, Apache, Mysql, configuration management, monitoring and TCP/IP protocols • Understanding of security best practices and Strong troubleshooting skills?
• Ability to work with very little supervision and to work well in a team environment
• AWS based Provisioning (AMIs, EC2, S3, EBS, RDS, CloudWatch, CloudEdure, Cloud-Formation, Security Groups, Network Routing/ACLs, VPC, ELB/ASGs, Redshift).
• Knowledge of other Cloud Implementations and Hybrid Private/Public implementations
• Skilled user of configuration management tools like Ansible, Puppet, Chef, AWS CloudFormation
• Able to write advanced level Python, Ruby or Perl scripts.
• Design, develop, and operationalize Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment, and Continuous Delivery solutions.
• Ability to work directly with architects and developers to debug problems and solutions
• Actively research and incorporate the newest innovations and principals where there is value and/or efficiencies for using these technologies.
• Ability to lead and contribute to the development, maintenance, and usage of deployment and task automation (OS, database services, virtual networks, or other platform services)
• Investigate failures, fix them and execute root-cause analysis; must take ownership of problems and communicate progress in a timely and effective manner.
• Automate and maintain systems using virtualization and containerization.
• Responsible for planning, provisioning, tuning, configuring systems.
• Document issues and resolutions in online runbooks
• Work concurrently on several projects, each with specific instructions that may differ from project to project.
• Complete assigned tasks typically to support migration of applications from on-premise to cloud or the operational procedures required to ensure support processes are optimized
• Administer Linux servers in Amazon Web Services
• Monitor and improve performance and stability
• Interact with and effectively communicate with your DevOps colleagues and cross-functional teams to complete the assigned projects or support
• Provide 24/7 on call support for Tier 2 issues as part of an on-call rotation schedule when operational demands exceed the capacity in the operations team