2701 Dallas Parkway, Suite 440 Plano, TX 75093 | Direct Hire
Principal Architect, Cloud DevOps
The Principal Architect plays a key role in shaping our clients technology strategy by applying expertise in strategic technology architecture, specifically to migrate organizations from traditional Web Operations to Dev Operations. We are looking for an experienced Cloud DevOps Engineer to develop and implement a strategy to raise the bar for clients who deploy numerous large scale custom app dev solutions on the cloud.
We are looking for a high skilled individual for automating large scale deployments with modern configuration and deployment management systems on AWS. We value skills delivering and working with Open Source tools and infrastructure. Candidates must be self-driven, work well in a team, have great communication skills and bring leading edge skills on Linux, Python, configuration management, CI/CD and Monitoring tools. Candidates must have delivered container based deployments and can offer solutions to the complexities of orchestration and will drive the company towards delivering containers in production.
This role will be instrumental in driving the evolution of infrastructure, processes, products, and services by convincing decision makers in various client organizations and being able to integrate specific client requirements. This candidate must compile, deliver, and evangelize end-to-end technology roadmaps that guide the evolution of infrastructure, products, and services.
- Compile, deliver, and evangelize end-to-end technology roadmaps that guide the evolution of infrastructure, products, and services by applying depth and breadth of expertise in multiple related disciplines
- Compile, develop, and deliver architectural guardrails; influence stakeholders and ensure compliance with architectural guardrails within many technology domains that support the needs of products teams to reliably launch products and services
- Drive the evolution of infrastructure, processes, products, and services by convincing decision makers
- Mentor team members on best practices in area of expertise. Grasp and communicate big-picture enterprise-wide issues to team. Mentor team members on best practices in area of expertise. Identify and suggest training opportunities for immediate workgroup to help promote bench strength
- Serve as a subject matter expert to guide technology strategy by convincing decision makers across multiple domains and working with Architects in each domain
- Model as-is and to-be architectures based on business requirements
- Develop and create program blueprint, case study, supporting technical documentations for DevOps to be commercialized and duplicate work across different business customers
- Support DevOps / CICD presales activities
- Has demonstrated depth and breadth of expertise in similar roles and Enterprise systems Enterprise Architecture Frameworks; Deep related domain expertise
- Ability to articulate the relationship between business strategy and technology strategy and provide presentations and documentation required for clients to easily grasp
- Ability to plan how to evolve the agreed upon strategy into execution
- Strong communication skills (written / verbal) with varied audiences internal and external
- Have experience in modernizing IT operations via DevOps implementation at least twice in candidates career
- Experience explaining difficult concepts to decision makers to help shape technology strategy. Experience modeling as-is and to-be architectures based on business requirements
- Strong business acumen
- Consulting experience is a plus
- Minimum 8-10 years related work experience
- Bachelors Degree. Engineering, Business Administration, Related Field.
- Or equivalent work experience
- Mastery of Linux OS (Redhat, Amazon, others)
- Scripting (Python and shell scripting)
- Configuration Management (Chef, Puppet, Ansible)
- Continuous Integration (Jenkins)
- Deep knowledge and master of cloud platforms (AWS primary, Azure and others.)
- Cloud Monitoring tools ( CloudWatch, AppDynamics, Splunk, ELK, Application monitoring, etc.)
- Containers and Orchestration: Docker, AWS ECS, Kubernetes,
- NoSQL database (Cassandra, etc)
- Other Open Source tools