Irving, TX | Contract
As a Cloud Architect, the primary responsibility will be to work closely with customers and Sales / Presales teams, and Architect/Design Cloud Applications/Solutions or transform existing customer Application to Cloud Native model.
Role / Responsibilities
- Collaborating with customers for building new Cloud Native Applications and/or assessing existing Applications for migration to the Cloud leveraging Pivotal Cloud Foundry
- Selecting most appropriate Cloud Application Architecture and development / migration approaches as per the customer requirements
- Reporting to customer as business objectives / value conditions are met
- Ensuring execution plan success
- Build and Own Technical Architectures of Applications for one or more target clouds (viz. AWS/Pivotal CF.)
- Lead compliance assessments and application portfolio assessment with the customer on designed architecture for one or more of our target clouds
- Own the overall cloud solution with solution inputs from multiple competency teams
- Define architecture considerations for non-functional requirements including Scalability, Availability, Security and Performance
- Documenting and sharing technical best practices / insights with engineering and the architect community Necessary Skills / Attributes
- 10+ years of overall experience in Application/Solution Development domain
- 8+ years of experience in Architecting solutions
- 3+ years of experience in Architecting cloud solutions leveraging Cloud Foundry and AWS or other clouds.
- 2+ years of experience leading Cloud Application Architecture (SaaS, and PaaS) designing, Cloud Native Application development, and Cloud Application Migration Assessments, including developing roadmaps to transform Client Technical Architectures
- 2+ years of experience in DevOps technologies
- Expert hands-on proficiency in Developing / Architecting Applications using one or more technology stacks (.NET / Java / OSS)
- Must have participated in at least 3 medium-sized and/or 2 large sized Cloud Application Development and Migration projects, involving designing, building, and/or enhancing Cloud solutions based on Cloud platforms such as Amazon AWS and Cloud Foundry.
- Must have participated in at least one or more projects involving design and/or implementation of an end to end cloud-based business solutions (SaaS, PaaS or IaaS) for a full lifecycle
- Strong hands-on understanding of scalability, security, high availability and operational requirements
- One or more Cloud certifications from Industry leader OEM’ s such as Azure, AWS, Red Hat, Pivotal