Denver, CO | Contract
Our client in the investment industry is looking for a C# developer to join their team.
- Collaborate in the design of new software, features, functionality and applications.
- Build, test and implement new software.
- Assist in managing and maintaining existing applications.
- Works with other team members and business partners to decompose requirements into actionable tasks.
- Delivers to aggressive release schedules working as a cooperative team member in an agile development environment.
- Produces technical specifications for required features and architectural/framework improvements.
- Participates in design meetings, system analysis, research and peer code reviews.
- Prepares and conducts unit and integration tests based on defined standards.
- Ensures that code meets stated requirements and standards for accessibility, security, object-oriented best practices and performance.
- Effectively functions and communicates within a software development team consisting of developers, quality assurance and business analysts.
- Assists in the development of documentation such as design artifacts, unit tests, code, and fixes.
- Partner with the .NET Competency group to ensure quality standards are met.
- Partner with the Security team to ensure security policies are adhered to and embraced.
Knowledge, Skill & Abilities
- Expert knowledge of .Net 4.5, C#, WPF, and Visual Studio.
- Advanced knowledge of SQL, Query Optimization, and Performance Tuning with SQL Server
- Knowledge of Microsoft Prism, MVVM pattern, and data binding principals. Candidate should know how data binding works between the view and view model.
- Proven ability to deliver in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with WCF, Windows Services, WebAPI, and JSON
- Experience with Objective C/Swift and iOS development using XCode
- Working knowledge of XAML, and how to code a WPF view in XML format (not in a design panel in Visual Studio), including how to implement resource files, converters, styles, templates, and dependency properties
- Experience with 3rd party user control libraries (i.e. Telerik, SciChart, and/or Infragistics)
- Strong interpersonal and team player skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- 7+ years in developing .Net applications
- Expert level understanding in and utilizing: C#, SQL, WPF, MVVM, WCF
Experience a plus in: Prism, WebAPI, JSON, Objective C, iOS, Telerik, SciChart, Infragistics