C++ Software Engineer III
Duluth, GA | Scout
• Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience in programming computer applications, and knowledge of software documentation, utilities and job control languages.
• 5- 8 years of software development experience
• Specific skills & proficiency level:
Requires in-depth, working knowledge of major areas of software engineering. Demonstrated work history of successful application of concepts of typical problem solving within speciality.
Good oral and written communication skills.
Self-starter, high energy.
• Able to use professional concepts and company processes to solve routine problems. Works on problems of limited scope and complexity. Exercises judgement using standard software development processes in analyzing situations or data.
• Analyses, programs, debugs and modifies computer programs for end user applications.
• Designs or conducts design modifications of complex systems or subsystems.
• Performs design changes for product improvements/upgrades and actively participates in design and code reviews.
• Conducts tests, both unit and integration testing, of software configurations.
• Completes documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance (technical documentation and specifications which are generally for internal use only).
• Exhibits high personal commitment to quality, implementing Development best practices.
• Works with Quality Engineering and Support staff to resolve problems with released software.
• Provides input on program schedule and accurate estimation of project deadlines.
• Able to work under tight deadlines
• Assists manufacturing in troubleshooting and testing. Resolves programming problems.
• Handles escalated technical support calls
• Provides input towards general process improvement
• Other job related duties as assigned Language (SQL), or other Object Oriented programming techniques.
Specific skills & proficiency level:
• Experienced with full life cycle software development
• Able to convey technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
• Able to troubleshoot complex systems including hardware and software systems.
• Required 5-8 years of software development experience
• Required 5+ years of experience developing applications using C/C++ (Microsoft Visual C++ Preferred)
• Required 2+ years of experience developing object oriented solutions
• Preferred experience developing applications for a Microsoft Windows operating system platform
• Preferred experience with eXtensible Markup Language (XML)
• Preferred experience with TCP/IP Socket level communications
• Preferred retail industry experience, especially in the Convenience Store industry
• Preferred Point of Sale system experience