C++ Software Engineer III
Alpharetta, GA | Direct Hire
As a C++ Software Engineer you will be responsible for the design, development, and implementation of software. You will interact daily with other team members to ensure that a quality product is delivered in a timely manner. You are expected to be able to own the solution to complex software problems/needs from design to delivery.
You will also:
- Interact with and lead both onshore and offshore developers and QA.
- Design, modify, implement, and document software application changes.
- Test and support applications internally and externally.
- Participate in analysis, design, testing, and review processes.
- Provide estimations of work based on requirements.
- Write product specifications, designs, and technical manuals.
- Evaluate third-party products and specifications.
- Maintain responsibility of assigned tasks by using experience/knowledge of environment to make design/development decisions.
- Provide feedback to peer performance reviews.
- Be responsible for technology in a given work area.
- Educate others (technical and non-technical) on areas of expertise.
- Work under the supervision of an Engineering Manager.
- Provide development level support for assigned products and projects throughout the development lifecycle.
- Perform other job related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’ s degree in a related area (Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Information Services, Management Information Services) or equivalent industry experience.
- Required 6+ years of object oriented programming experience
- Required 2+ years of recent C++ experience
- Experience producing technical designs for software applications
- Must exhibit good judgment in decision making.
- Must excel in verbal and written communications.
- Able to convey technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
- Able to troubleshoot complex systems including hardware and software systems.
- Experience in SQL Server database design and creation of complex SQL queries, stored procedures, triggers and performance optimization
- XML, XSL
- COM, Win32 API
- C#, .NET
- Networking, TCP/IP Socket level communications
- Preferred Retail experience, especially in the Convenience Store industry
- Preferred Point of Sale system experience