C++ Software Engineer III
Alpharetta, GA | Scout
We are: NCR Corporation (NYSE: NCR) is the global leader in consumer transaction technologies, turning everyday interactions with businesses into exceptional experiences. With its software, hardware, and portfolio of services, NCR enables nearly 550 million transactions daily across retail, financial, travel, hospitality, telecom and technology, and small business. NCR solutions run the everyday transactions that make your life easier. What makes us so awesome: You will be working with a highly motivated and skilled team of developers to deliver world-class software solutions for the Petroleum and Convenience Store industry. Our products are highly reliable, scalable and configurable and we need more developers like you to help us deliver on our growing pipeline of R&D projects. You are: Someone who believes that software development changes lives. You’ re passionate about technology and see the world a little differently than your peers— everywhere you look, there’ s possibility, opportunity, boundaries to push and challenges to solve. That’ s what we’ re seeking at NCR. We’ re a global tech company that makes life easier for you— and people all over the world— by enabling more than 550 million transactions every day. Restaurants, shops, banks and airports come to us for hardware, software and services. They know we have the best and brightest software developers who know the world of mobile better than any other— and relish in revealing previously unknown insights. Software developers who write code than can survive under the pressure of hundreds of thousands of requests per minute. Software developers like you. The day-to-day: As a C++ Software Engineer you will be responsible for the design, development, and implementation of software. You will interact daily with other team members to ensure that a quality product is delivered in a timely manner. You are expected to be able to own the solution to complex software problems/needs from design to delivery. You will also:
- Interact with and lead both onshore and offshore developers and QA.
- Design, modify, implement, and document software application changes.
- Test and support applications internally and externally.
- Participate in analysis, design, testing, and review processes.
- Provide estimations of work based on requirements.
- Write product specifications, designs, and technical manuals.
- Evaluate third-party products and specifications.
- Maintain responsibility of assigned tasks by using experience/knowledge of environment to make design/development decisions.
- Provide feedback to peer performance reviews.
- Be responsible for technology in a given work area.
- Educate others (technical and non-technical) on areas of expertise.
- Work under the supervision of an Engineering Manager.
- Provide development level support for assigned products and projects throughout the development lifecycle.
- Perform other job related duties as assigned.
Qualifications: You have:
- Bachelor’ s degree in a related area (Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Information Services, Management Information Services) or equivalent industry experience.
- Required 6+ years of object oriented programming experience
- Required 2+ years of recent C++ experience
- Experience producing technical designs for software applications
- Must exhibit good judgment in decision making.
- Must excel in verbal and written communications.
- Able to convey technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
- Able to troubleshoot complex systems including hardware and software systems. Even better if you have:
- Experience in SQL Server database design and creation of complex SQL queries, stored procedures, triggers and performance optimization
- XML, XSL
- COM, Win32 API
- C#, .NET
- Networking, TCP/IP Socket level communications
- Preferred Retail experience, especially in the Convenience Store industry
- Preferred Point of Sale system experience
Integrated into our shared values is NCR' s commitment to diversity. NCR is committed to being a globally inclusive company where all people are treated fairly, recognized for their individuality, promoted based on performance and encouraged to strive to reach their full potential. We believe in understanding and respecting differences among all people. This concept encompasses but is not limited to human differences with regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender, culture and physical ability. Every individual at NCR has an ongoing responsibility to respect and support a globally diverse environment.
Statement to Third Party Agencies
To ALL recruitment agencies: NCR only accepts resumes from agencies on the NCR preferred supplier list. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, NCR employees, or any NCR facility. NCR is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Employee Status: Regular Job Level: Manager More Information About the Job
Is Relocation Available?
Is there a bonus structure?
Are you open to sponsorship?
This position is:
Is there a possibility to work remote?
Is there equity?
Are there flexible work hours?
Does this position have direct reports?
Who does this position report to?
Software Engineering Manager
What are the 3-4 non-negotiable requirements on this position?
C++ Programming, Windows OS. Will do candidates working on Linux on Unix but should be ready to work on Windows OS. Should have recent 3 years of C++ programming experience or if 10+ years of experience past of C++, Need to have offshore coordination experience.
Please Note: All Third Party Agencies that are on Scout are on NCRs preferred supplier list.