C++ Software Engineer II
Alpharetta, GA | Scout
Software Engineer C++
Join a global leader in the payment industry focused on employee growth and creativity. This company’ s mission is to keep people feeling challenged at work, day in and day out. Our client is looking for new talent to help them meet their challenging goals.
- Able to use professional concepts and company processes to solve routine problems. Works on problems of limited scope and complexity. Exercises judgement using standard software development processes in analyzing situations or data.
- Analyses, programs, debugs and modifies computer programs for end user applications.
- Designs or conducts design modifications of complex systems or subsystems.
- Performs design changes for product improvements/upgrades and actively participates in design and code reviews.
- Conducts tests, both unit and integration testing, of software configurations.
- Completes documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance (technical documentation and specifications which are generally for internal use only).
- Exhibits high personal commitment to quality, implementing Development best practices.
- Works with Quality Engineering and Support staff to resolve problems with released software.
- Provides input on program schedule and accurate estimation of project deadlines.
- Required 2-8 years of software development experience
- Required 2+ years of experience developing applications using C/C++ (Microsoft Visual C++ Preferred)
- Required 2+ years of experience developing object oriented solutions
- Preferred experience developing applications for a Microsoft Windows operating system platform
- Preferred experience with eXtensible Markup Language (XML)
- Preferred experience with TCP/IP Socket level communications
- Preferred retail industry experience, especially in the Convenience Store industry
- Preferred Point of Sale system experience
- Bachelor’ s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience in programming computer applications, and knowledge of software documentation, utilities and job control languages.
- Requires in-depth, working knowledge of major areas of software engineering. Demonstrated work history of successful application of concepts of typical problem solving within specialty.
- Experienced with full life cycle software development
- Able to convey technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
- Able to troubleshoot complex systems including hardware and software systems.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Self-starter, high energy.