Duluth, Georgia | Direct Hire
TITLE: Software Developer
The Developer is responsible for the implementation of a solution or parts of a solution to meet the stated specifications and architecture. The developer performs software design, programming, testing, support and documentation of their software to the agreed standards and quality guidelines and in accordance with the relevant processes. The developer accepts the responsibility for the effective and efficient use of application development best practices, design, code, and unit test plan reviews. The developer will mentor junior employees and contribute to personnel reviews.
Key Areas of Responsibility
• Design, develop and maintain software solutions.
• Create, review, and execute unit, integration and performance test plans.
• Evaluate customer requirements: feasibility, compatibility, impacts, risks and time required to implement.
• Create design materials and initiate reviews with team members when necessary.
• Write documentation to describe program development, logic, coding, and corrections.
• Validates software design and solution to the project requirements.
• Practices proper source code control, development procedures and coding best practices.
• Capable of using various debugging techniques and tools to efficiently resolve software problems.
• Networks with other project members. Uses a team-player attitude, and openly assists others.
• Provides training to other developers or customer. Shares and communicates technology or procedural information with other developers
• Plans and organizes work commensurate to project objectives and schedule.
• Possible travel ( up to 10%) required.
• BS in Computer Science
• 5+ years experience in software designing, development and delivering software applications.
• Competence in object-oriented design and development using C++
• C# is a bonus but not required.
• Excellent communication skills: written and verbal.
• Self-motivation and self-management
• Experience of Windows operating systems.
• MS in Computer Science or related discipline
• 10+ years experience in software development
• 8+ years experience in client-server transaction based applications software.
• 3+ years of team leadership
• DBMS experience, such as MS SQL Server, Oracle or other.
• Proficiency in C++/C#/Visual Basic
• Proven Experience with all aspects of Software Development Life Cycle