Business Systems Manager (SAP HCM)
Atlanta, GA | Direct Hire
Business Systems Manager (SAP HCM)
Working to support strategic and operational business objectives, this position exists to execute the EIM strategy and manage the efforts of the Enterprise Information Management team. The Business Systems Manager will work directly with business unit executives and managers to convert business objectives into actionable plans and projects. The manager will also have direct responsibility to ensure the company’ s information and processes are functioning appropriately to support business unit operations. In addition, the manager will work with the Corporate IT PMO office, EIM Director and CIO to promote leveraging of all assets and processes to support business objectives.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES: Principal Duties and Responsibilities: five to eight key responsibilities/activities for which the position is accountable:
- Consult closely with the various business unit management teams to support business plans and objectives through the identification, evaluation and prioritization of opportunities to leverage the Company’ s IT investment. The position will also work with the various business units to improve processes through improved utilization of information management. With the EIM Director, CIO and the IT PMO office, work to develop and manage a strategic plan to utilize and develop actionable information in support of BU objectives and strategies.
- Establish and manage the various project development and support functions in the SAP HCM, benefits, payroll, time keeping, time and attendance, areas to ensure effective and efficient procedures and programs according to the Corporate IT policies and strategies. For this purpose position holder initiates, guides, organizes, plans and coordinates all activities in the information management area including decisions regarding resource management and allocation, project planning and control, quality assurance, employee development and personnel issues.
- In coordination with the business unit leaders and the IT PMO office, prepare, gain acceptance and control plans and programs which will achieve IT and business short- and long-term objectives. Promote all IT policies and plans in concert with opportunities and objectives.
- Initiate, lead and participate in projects on a corporate level which are aimed at internal IT development and improvement.
- Regularly prepare management reports and participate in Steering Committee meetings as required.
- Compile & manage the annual LRP and OPEX budgets for this team.
- Management of the Corporate IT SAP HCM team, including goal setting and performance reviews.
POSITION SPECIFICATIONS: List minimum level of education, special training, certifications, or technical skills/experience required for this position.
- Expert knowledge with at least 10 years experience in project management and business process management. Experience in information technology related field is a plus.
- 5 or more years experience with Enterprise-class applications. Extensive experience as a business unit finance, accounting, or HR manager may also be considered. Experience with design, configuration and support of SAP HCM implementations or equivalent industry HR systems is required.
- Knowledge or experience in SAP SuccessFactors a plus
- Substantial knowledge required of SAP HCM, benefits payroll, and plant time keeping/time and attendance business functions, processes and supporting technology in an industrial company. Specific business experience with SAP HCM or HR functions is preferred
- Position holder is experienced in the areas of information and data management, SAP HCM, payroll, benefits, time keeping, time and attendance and overall business/process improvement. The Business Systems Manager must have excellent communication abilities and is experienced in project management and leading teams.
- Requires a thorough understand of cross functional business processes such hire to fire, onboarding, off boarding, etc.
- BS / BA degree from an accredited University in a quantitative or analytical field or equivalent experience.
POSITION COMPETENCIES: List key competencies for the position. Integrity and Trust and Action Oriented are Core Competencies for all positions.
- Integrity and Trust
- Action Orientated
- Customer Focus
- Building Effective Teams
- Priority Setting
- Timely Decision Making
- Directing Others
- Problem Solving
- Process Management
- Dealing with Ambiguity
- Business Acumen
- Demonstrated ability to work with business executives to develop, successfully implement and support business solutions that meet business unit requirements and support overall business executives
- Demonstrated understanding of business model including a solid general understanding of SAP HCM, payroll and general HR strategies and objectives.
- Demonstrated understanding of technology including a basic understanding of the infrastructure and expert understanding of the software used to run the business processes.
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex business initiatives staffed with internal IT, contract and business unit resources. Has experience in both the technical and organizational change management components of projects. Understands and promotes standardized project methodologies, practices and standards.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Understands how to communicate in various circumstances and with varied audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to manage direct-report employees including skills development, career development and performance management.
- Up to 20% travel including international