Business Systems Analyst
Irving, TX | Contract
Translates business and client’ s requirements into requirement specifications in an agile environment. Acts as the key interface between business, engineering & project management teams in defining and influencing business requirements and assists in developing the appropriate solutions. Understands the business implications of technical solutions, and assists in defining the technology solutions to support any future business requirements. Lead requirements gathering sessions with non-technical business stakeholders; write business requirements definitions for technical developers (in Waterfall and Agile projects); summarize requirements for executive sponsors; conduct user acceptance testing and assist with facilitating user adoption through training and communication.
- Document results of business process and system application analysis
- Work closely with delivery team to ensure end product aligns with requirements
- Perform business process outcome modeling
- Perform task and workflow analysis
- Familiar with phases and deliverables associated with systems development lifecycle, both upstream and downstream from business requirements definition
- Work within a project management framework and adhering to set deadlines
- Assess business processes including organizing and conducting workshops for the purpose of identifying and documenting business requirements
- Provide best/leading practices guidance and is instrumental in the application of business process re-engineering (BPR) to develop and document the “ To Be” business solution model
- Conduct Peer Review/QA to ensure deliverables meet the defined solution specifications. Assists in developing HQ, field operations and store training programs for new software
- Lead colleagues and mentors/guides team members throughout the SDLC process. Provides support to end users on a variety of issues. Identifies, researches, and resolves business and technical problems.
- Coordinate and facilitate extensive user interviews and workshops to gather and analyze requirements.
- Conducts “ As-Is” Situation Assessment of business processes including organizing and conducting workshops for the purpose of identifying and documenting business requirements
- Determine appropriate requirements capture and management methods including but not limited to use cases, user representations and storyboarding.
- Perform customer interviews
- Perform customer survey to identify their expectations and requirements
- Perform site visits
- As part of a project team and along with customers, conducting requirements reviews
- Effectively engage with customers to ensure their expectations align with SOW and final product
- Identifying gaps in requirements
- Drive proactive sessions designed to help the business clarify process objectives to drive improvement to identify gaps and plan a solution to fill a gap
- Reporting to Project Management on status/work of requirement analysis and Track and monitor the solution problem to insure a timely and value-added resolution
- Analyzing Change Requests vs requirements to recommend if a change is in scope
- Working with customers to create use cases and work stories for new functionality
- Review projects after closure to analyze missed/incorrect requirements
• Extensive experience working in a business analyst role, including on initiatives that were large, cross-divisional, and/or multi-platform
• Possess deep expertise in the business case and modeling methods (BPM, DFD’ s, SIPOC, etc.) of the client’ s retail business processes using detailed knowledge of business operations.
• Possesses in-depth conceptual and retail operational knowledge as well as systemization expertise across retail disciplines including store master data management and merchandising, item pricing, campaigns and promotions, store floor planning, ordering, receiving, Point of Sale, Fuel, etc
• Relationship management experience; works effectively with both engineering staff and business
• Ability to develop, manage, and test business requirements from beginning to end.
• Highly self-motivated; able to work independently in situations where ambiguity is high
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills & first class customer service skill (written and oral)
• Collaborative focus; experience with conflict management and bringing multiple stakeholders to common ground
• Exposure to and appreciation of different cultures/workstyles/implications of varied time zones on project communications
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute work, balancing short-term needs and long-term goals
• Application of attention to detail and quality assurance of own work and work of others
• Can address tasks and issues on multiple projects and can identify and address areas of cross-functional impact
• Familiarity with retail enterprise architecture
• Awareness of process engineering and optimization functions; awareness of trends and direction in technology through training and communication.
- Ability to assemble, analyze and evaluate data and to be able to make appropriate and well-reasoned recommendations and decisions to support the business stakeholders and the project team
- Ability to express ideas clearly both in written and oral communications.
- Have Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well with others, in leading, coordinating and motivating team members.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral).- Mathematical Skills: Strong math skills and analytical skills.- Possess detailed knowledge and experience in full system development life cycle management and methodologies; successful business change implementation and IT delivery experience.
Education: Bachelor' s degree (minimum) in Business Administration, Information Systems, Operations Research, etc.