Business Systems Analyst (TMS) - Mercury Gate
Atlanta, GA | Direct Hire
Business Systems Analyst (TSM) – Mercury Gate
The Transportation Management System (TMS) Business Analyst will bridge the gap between TMS technical expertise and business process knowledge by working closely with business process owners and product vendor(s) to identify and analyze TMS requirements, implement appropriate shipping/logistics designs, participate in enhancement projects, and provide on-going production TMS support. In addition, the analyst may function as a project manager to coordinate and facilitate the work of cross-functional company resources assigned to technology projects.
This position is a technical transportation management system development and support position utilizing a TMS to enable and improve internal and external business processes. The business analyst formulates and defines systems scope and objectives based on both business needs and a solid understanding of industry requirements and best practices. In addition to developing the technical objects to enable the business process, the business analyst will also act as the project manager to coordinate and facilitate the work of cross-functional internal and external resources assigned to transportation and logistics technical projects. This position will also participate in application upgrade, system maintenance, integration and production support of TMS. This position collaborates with internal and external business process owners to foster a positive IT customer relations environment.
- Execute corporate transportation management strategy
- Responsible for working with Supply Chain and IT resources in setting priorities in relation to the company’ s TMS.
- Lead and participate in process improvement projects that support business initiatives through in the transportation and logistics area.
- Tasks include documentation of current business processes, cross-functional development of new processes, SOP documentation, system testing, user acceptance testing and end user training.
- Gather and document report requirements from subject matter experts, create reports specification intended for the TMS or BI/BW/Qlikview technology and perform data validation to support Transportation initiatives and logistics KPI (ie Carrier Performance, Budgeting, Financial Performance and Operational Dashboards).
- Ongoing support for ad hoc requests for specific reporting output on key business events, trends and opportunities.
- Maintain key data elements through configuring the TMS.
- Facilitate vendor and carrier on boarding for new company and new user set up, and conducting training as needed as it relates to the TMS
- Participate in EDI/integration on-boarding and maintenance with carriers and integrations team.
- General appreciation for Supply Chain technology solutions, including TMS, WMS, Yard Management and EDI.
- Work with the Supply Chain team to build, establish, and monitor meaningful and impactful metrics and KPI in the TMS.
- Responsible for maintaining, upgrading, and troubleshooting integration between the TMS and the ERP system.
- Responsible for technical aspects of the logistics/transportation master data process in both the TMS and ERP
- Support the financial organization for the freight payment and accrual process.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’ s Degree required with preferred emphasis in information systems, computer science, or transportation and logistics/Supply Chain. Equivalent work experience considered.
- 5 years of transportation industry experience.
- 5 years TMS systems and Business Process design experience
- 2+ Full Lifecycle implementations of a TMS.
- MS Office (Proficiency in Excel, Access & PowerPoint)
- Demonstrated experience with analysis tools (Minitab, SAS, Metlab, i2, Tmod, ILPS) desired
- Demonstrated experience with logistics/transportation master data such as carriers, routes, etc.
- Demonstrated experience with integrating/interfacing with CASS desired.
- Demonstrated experience with Mercury Gate or JDA desired.
- Demonstrated experience with integration/interfacing of a TMS with SAP ERP required.
- Experience in both implementation and application support is desired. General experience should include systems architecture and business processes similar to those in the company.
- Troubleshooting skills and ability to analyze problems at both the strategic and tactical level
- 2+ years project management experience
- Demonstrated perceptual and analytical thinking
- High level of attention to detail that translates into a high degree of accuracy in results
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and ability to translate technical information into language non-technical people will understand
- Ability to identify deficiencies in technical work and implementation plans, and to identify schedule conflicts
- Strong leadership to lead effective project and staff meetings
- Tenacity to set and achieve complex objectives from multiple teams in order to meet business objective, and to effectively manage cross-functional resources
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work directly with all levels of business to achieve systems and business goals.