Business Intelligence Solution Architect
Plano, TX | Direct Hire
The Business Intelligence Solution Architect will play a key role in the design and development of world class business intelligence solutions within the semantic layer in support of Customer Engagement Agency (CEA) initiatives.
We are looking for an individual who is of wider vision and experience in users' total information experience, which means the person can provide the solution for our internal/external client' s about what data should be present and in what kind of format to bring the best experience.
This position is hands-on and will have much of the control over the design and schema of our customer' s BI solutions and will also require performing development activities leveraging our customers’ existing data warehouse solutions.
• Key role in the design and development of a world class business intelligence and analytics database semantic layer
• Must be able to embrace new technologies quickly and apply their knowledge and expertise
• Primary responsibilities include working with internal management team, project managers, business analyst and developers in fast-moving teams
• Gather and analyze business requirements and transform them into innovative BI solutions that effectively facilitate and enhance the consumption of data
• Architect, design, develop and implement a comprehensive data architecture that supports large-scale analytics
• Development and interpretation of business and logical models, and implementation of physical models for data warehousing using standard methodologies
• Providing delivery oversight on data implementation projects transferring knowledge and technical expertise/guidance to other team members and end users
• Keeping management appraised of trends, best practices and issues relating to information management, business intelligence, data analytics and associated emerging technologies
• 5+ years related database architecture and development experience
• Extensive experience with Relation, Dimensional, OLTP and OLAP databases and technologies
• Extensive experience and knowledge of data warehousing concepts and techniques including use of star/snowflake schema
• Hands-on experience with data modeling, dimensional modeling and relevant data concepts and schema design
• Solid experience with data stewardship
• Experience with Master Data Management
• Experience in an iterative development environment employing Agile/Scrum methodologies
• Hadoop experience while not required is advantageous
• Oracle 11g+ and PL/SQL experience
• Specific knowledge of creating and utilizing stored procedures, as well as partitions, in data processing
• Technology expert on data architecture solutions and high performance database designs
• Strong analytical skills and systematic approach to problem solving with a high level of initiative and sound independent judgment
• Working knowledge of specialized BI and reporting tools
• Bachelor’ s degree in Math, Computer Science, Information Systems or related field or 10+ years of related experience
• Excellent communication and time management skills
• Responsible for multiple project and clients, requiring the candidate to have the ability to multi-task and manage their own workload
• Strong work ethic and ability to work independently
• Strong problem solving skills; must be able to invent creative solutions for complex problems
• Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment
Bachelors or better.
Masters or better.
5 years: Database architecture and development experience