Business Intelligence Developer
Milton, GA | Contract To Hire
Under the direction of the Director of Global Web Applications BI, and Reporting Systems, The Business Intelligence Developer will be responsible for defining and implementing business intelligence (BI) technologies and services to enable the analysis of data to support strategic initiatives and ongoing business requirements. The person in this position should be able to perform needs analysis – envisioning solutions end-to-end, design, configuration and implementation of data warehouses, business intelligence applications, and underlying relational databases. This role will develop data warehouse and business intelligence solutions using Microsoft Business Intelligence tools and underlying technologies.
* Knowledge Areas:
o Experience using Microsoft BI and SharePoint development tools to design and develop BI solutions.
o Solid working knowledge of Finance, Accounting, Manufacturing, and Distribution principles.
o Design and implement multi-dimensional models, including the construction of data views, dimensions, and cubes.
o Design and implement required ETL interfaces for the data warehouse via SSIS.
o Translate functional and non-functional specifications into MS DW cubes.
o Understanding of MS-BI architecture features with Tabular model and SharePoint interfaces.
o Contribute to and support the organization’ s business intelligence strategy and architecture.
o Develop, implement and maintain test strategies and plans.
o Design and implement reporting applications including Performance Point dashboards.
o Convert existing reporting tools to a standardized reporting infrastructure using SQL and Microsoft products.
o Works to turn down legacy reporting tools including MS Access.
* Technical Analysis:
o Ability to utilize the MS-BI tools for development (SSAS, SSIS, SSRS)
o Provide technical leadership and guidance in future migration to tabular cube environment.
o Participate in prototyping new tools for the purpose of enhancing business processes and operations.
o Lead in the collection and maintenance of table and field level documentation.
o Develop and maintain documentation for ETL processes, source to target data mapping.
o Troubleshoot data warehouse problems, along with solutions requirements.
o Adheres to best practices and standard development methodologies.
o Make enhancements to the existing data bases as assigned and specified.
o Develop and deploy various reports based on user requirements.
* Installation Assistance. Works with development, staging and production technicians to install applications.
* Configuration. Works with the appropriate IT Staff to identify and execute the proper configuration options for BI applications.
* QA Testing. Coordinate and perform in-depth tests, including end-user reviews, for modified and new systems.
* Documentation. Writes and maintain documentation for the installation and technical configuration.
* Standard Reports. Produces reports, timelines and graphics using advanced functions of a personal computer. Creates reports from existing databases to satisfy user requests, data sampling, project analysis or testing verification.
* Application Reviews. Reviews upgrades, new releases and new solutions. Maintains application up-to-date with vendor technical fixes, patches, etc.
* Level 2 / 3 Support. Application specific.
o Monitors and audits the use and performance of the supported applications; executes system quality control practices and procedures.
o Develop strategies for improving the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems or for further leveraging these systems.
* Data Backup & Integrity. Responsible for developing [along with the Technical Services team] the proper backup procedures for the application. Test and audit the backup procedures.
* Change Control. Initiates and manages the flow and execution of changes / modifications; including source control.
* Internal Controls Assures system conformance to all Internal Controls and Audit requirements.
o Bachelor’ s degree from four year college, preferably in Information Systems or related business field.
o High level of computer literacy with spreadsheets, word processing and database software and business systems (Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project, VISIO and other graphic software).
o Must have extensive skills in Microsoft SQL Server 2008/2012 specifically including:
o 4 yrs. + SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS)
o 3 yrs. + SQL Server Integrated Services (SSIS)
o 5 yrs + experience with MDX query language in a data warehousing environment.
o 5 yrs. + experience in gathering technical requirements and preparing specifications.
o Experience working on team centric data-warehousing environment.
o Strong experience building ETL processes to convert operational transactional data into dimensions and fact tables.
o Proven experience in developing Business Intelligence solutions (reports, dashboards, scorecards) using SSAS.