Woburn, MA | Contract To Hire
The Business Analyst is responsible for assessing the company’ s workflow and technical/system problems and strives to improve business efficiency and productivity by managing software development requirements and projects that deliver efficient solutions. This position will serve as a liaison between various resources to identify areas of improvement and ensures developmental needs are managed and aligned within the company’ s strategic and budgetary goals.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Bachelor degree in relevant field. A minimum of five years related experience in product management; or equivalent combination of education and experience required. Extensive knowledge in an MS Windows platform required. Proven experience at identifying problems and delivering projects that resolve them.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Needs to be able to understand our user’ s business problems. Responsible for conducting interviews, document analysis, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use case scenarios, business analysis, task and workflow analysis to aid in the design, development and delivery of company technologies.
• Responsible to critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying requirements needed.
• Proactively communicate and collaborate with internal and external users to analyze information needs and functional requirements in order to deliver the following artifacts as required: User Stories, Customer Requirements, User Interface Mock-ups, Flow Charts, and Use-Case Diagrams.
• Works closely with developers and a variety of end users to ensure technical compatibility and user satisfaction is achieved.
• Serves as the conduit between the customer community (internal and external customers) and the software development team through which requirements flow.
• Develop requirement specifications according to standard templates, using natural language.
• Collaborate with developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs.
• Be the liaison between the business units, technology teams and support teams in order to aid project scope, manage budgets and ensure effective rollout and training of new technologies.
• Ensures and promotes effective and efficient utilization of company resources.
• Participates in development of long range planning for new projects and programs.
• Maintains all standards of compliance.
• Provides advice, training and technical support for various projects as required.
• Performs miscellaneous duties as assigned by Management.
• Experience working within an agile development environment.
• Must demonstrate exceptional communication skills by conveying necessary information accurately, listening effectively and asking questions where clarification is needed.
• Strong analytical and product management skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements.
• Utilizes experience in using enterprise-wide requirements definition and management systems and methodologies required.
• Ability to follow instructions and respond to upper managements’ directions accurately.
• Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness. Looks for ways to improve and promote quality and monitors own work to ensure quality is met.
• Must be able to work independently, prioritize work activities and use time efficiently.
• Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
• Must be able to demonstrate and promote a positive team -oriented environment.
• Must be able to stay focused and concentrate under normal or heavy distractions.
• Must be able to work well under pressure or stressful conditions and meet required project deadlines.
• Must possess the ability to manage and direct change, delays, or unexpected events appropriately.
• Must hold a valid state Driver’ s License
• Demonstrates reliability and abides by the company attendance policy.
• Must maintain a professional and clean appearance at all times consistent with company standards.