Smyrna, GA | Direct Hire
Our client has over 40 distribution centers throughout the US and Canada and is looking for motivated and talented professionals interested in operational excellence, exceptional customer support and integrity.
Responsible for the development and documentation of business functional requirements for various departments and groups within the company; assist in the testing and implementation of various technology solutions, assist in projecting and tracking benefits of these solutions and function as a liaison between IS and various departments. Create training documents and provide support for newly delivered functionality.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain continuous contact with internal and/or external customers to remain current on their business needs
- Assist with gathering of requirements for each customer group
- Assist in the development of business functional requirements for each customer group
- Work with the corporate IT staff to better understand what role IT can serve in addressing these functional requirements
- Assist the corporate IT staff in selecting the right technology to match the functional requirements
- Assist in determining the best approach for tracking financial benefits associated with IT projects
- Serve as liaison between the customer group and the corporate IT staff to facilitate an effective working partnership during the project
- Assist in any business process reengineering efforts associated with the implementation of the project
- Assist in the Testing/Quality Assurance of IT projects and applications
- Assist with support of applications
- Perform selective project management functions on IT projects, as appropriate
- Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this document are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- A 4 year degree in a technical field or related studies or a minimum of 8 years functional business knowledge
- A minimum of 4 years experience in analyzing business processes and implementing technical solutions
- Knowledge of and aptitude for computers and computer systems
- Exposure/experience to SDLC in a technology project environment
- Experience with wholesale distribution or logistics industries is a plus