Business Analyst 3
Atlanta, GA | Contract To Hire
The BA works with product managers and stakeholders from all business units to define and document business processes and requirements for technology initiatives, including websites, native apps and other digital products.
The BA will work as a member of the digital technology team. This position navigates the competing needs of multiple stakeholder groups, defines an end-to-end business process that is accepted by all groups and maps out the requirements for one or more systems to support these needs and the process. This job requires strong communication skills, along with facilitation, prioritization and scope management.
In addition, this role will perform the following functions:
- Participate in pre-project analysis work that helps enable informed decision-making about what investments to make in technology
- Understand the needs of multiple stakeholders and align the business teams around scope
- Facilitate the negotiation of requirements among multiple stakeholders and provide guidance on alignment of initiatives
- Identify the current- and future-state business processes
- Help the business stakeholders envision the future and how their work will need to change to support the future
- Serve as a key member on one or more Technology scrum teams
- Create detailed functional requirements in use cases for the Technology scrum teams to implement
- Work closely with the Technology scrum teams to ensure business requirements are understood and translated correctly to technical solutions
- Work at a strategic level in the technology aspect of the role
- Work on many projects at one time
- Become a power user of various Technology applications
- Work with project managers to support the many projects ongoing across the business portfolio team
- Education: B.S./B.A. degree required.
- Experience: 5+ years of business analysis experience required; Digital Media industry experience highly preferred. 2+ years Agile/Scrum experience preferred. JIRA experience a plus.
- Skills: Strong communication and interpersonal skills required. Technical/analytical skills, continuous learning, innovation, ability to manage work and strong work standards/ethics is also required. Candidates must be customer focus, contribute to a team’ s success and be quality-oriented.