Dallas, TX | Direct Hire
Our client in Downtown Dallas is looking to add a Business Intelligence Developer to their team. This person will be responsible for providing design, development, deployment and support for the applications reporting environment. Knowledge of SSRS and SSIS is required, with an emphasis on SSRS reporting. Strong database programming skills and problem solving capabilities are required as technologies may change in this position. Knowledge of SQL Server 2008 R2 or SQL server 2012 is required. We will be looking to upgrade in the future, knowledge of SQL Server 2016 would be a plus if you have this experience. You will be in a position to analyze new BI products and propose solutions for our reporting applications to provide the best user experience to end users. We need someone with strong communication skills as you will be working with other departments a lot to achieve your milestones. Someone who can speak technical but also understands how to articulate these concepts to a non-technical person would be preferred. This role offers the ability to grow into other areas of IT work; you will need to be adaptable, but this will give you a chance to grow in other areas of expertise as well.
- Deep understanding of BI platforms and reporting tools.
- Technical capabilities (such as programming) and Functional capabilities (such as business process knowledge) necessary to bring value to the role; API programming experience is plus.
- Ability to analyze and troubleshoot reporting issues by scanning thru the application logs, utilizing SQL profiler and querying databases as needed.
- Ability provide support on mission-critical applications, which may require off hours support as needed
- Ability to write custom scripts, interfaces, and reports (mostly SQL reporting)
- While we are phasing Crystal reports out knowledge of this reporting solution will be useful – we will be converting all Crystal reports over to other technologies as revision to said reports are addressed.
- Ability to understand, debug and troubleshoot SQL Server databases.
- Experience configuring and automating the monitoring of applications, automated jobs and databases
- Ability to facilitate SDLC from multiple business areas and design, develop, test and release accurate technical solutions
- Prefer Workday, Sales Force, property management or financial planning software experience but will train as necessary
- Bachelor' s Degree with a preferred field of study in Information Systems or Computer Science is preferred; equivalent experience is required otherwise
- Development experience using SQL, SSRS, SSIS technologies
- Experience with Excel is preferred, and experience with Vena would be a plus
- Experience interacting with different database management systems. We primarily use SQL Server; other database technologies will be a part of our environment as well in the future.
- Postgresql experience is preferred as we have a project this year working with this technology
- Experience in customizing and integrating applications, preferably Real Estate applications, but comparable experience will be considered
- Preferred background in Construction, Single Family, Multi-Family, and/or Commercial Property Management and/or Accounting
- Problem solver who can add value even when working outside of normal scope of duties
- Ability to travel to other offices and properties (this isn’ t often)
- Willingness and ability to learn and research independently
- Strong organizational and time management skills, consistently sets goals and meets deadlines.