Application Support Specialist
Port Wentworth, GA | Direct Hire
- Serve as primary support liaison between the Business and outsourced helpdesk.
- Functions as a technical subject matter expert for windows operating systems, Microsoft Office 365, Transportation Management System (TMS), and Warehouse Management System (WMS) in a client-server based environment.
- Performs problem management, isolation, and resolution of system issues.
- Manage, resolve, and track support requests in the problem and incident management tool (MS SharePoint) by determining root cause, identifying and applying corrective measures, or escalating issues to appropriate support group in a timely fashion as needed.
- Present support issues and data to management on a scheduled basis outlining key performance measures and allocation of support resources among departments within the company.
- Analyze support requests and business process issues and recommend changes and enhancements to improve overall company efficiency, quality, safety, and training efforts.
- Follow up with vendor to get status and resolution of known issues, bugs and enhancements/Communicate this status on a regular basis with the business users and management.
- Review scheduled releases/upgrades for possible impact on operations
- Support Warehouse Operations on complex technical issues (weekly billing, EDI, mobile RF’ s, client/server software installation, database administration, and domain administration), respond to business within a timeframe created dictated by the severity of the problem, and develop program utilities to automate processes, research technical processes using sources such as error logs and product technical documentation and identity solutions to resolve problems or improve efficiency.
- Experience with desktop support, including installing and upgrading software, backups, configuring systems and installing hardware.
- Proficient with Microsoft Operating Systems (Server and Desktop).
- Proficient with Microsoft Office 365 Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, SharePoint)
- Familiar with administration of FTP, AS2, sFTP (Cygwin)
- Familiar with SQL Server Reporting Services a plus
- Familiar with Data Flow and EDI a plus
- Familiar with scripting or programming background a plus
- Exposure to IIS, Web Applications and the .Net Stack a plus
- Familiar with Warehousing, Transportation and 3PL Logistics, especially International Logistics operations
- Familiar with Microsoft Navision and Camelot 3PL WMS (strongly preferred)
- Familiar with supporting Mobile Devices for warehouse operations (Intermec, Motorola)
- Bachelor degree preferred in a technical discipline.
- 1 + year experience with phone support role preferred.
- Strong technical IT generalist with knowledge of Networking, Infrastructure, Software Systems and Security
- Project management skills to organize, prioritize and follow up on outstanding issues.
- Proven ability to work in a help desk environment, troubleshoot, resolve desktop issues, etc.
- Posses excellent verbal and written communication skills required for delivering technical presentations or other forms of documentation for various levels of technical and non-technical staff and management.
- Ability to solve complex systems problems quickly with little technical guidance, and develop automated corrective measures when necessary.
- Must work extended hours, including evenings and weekend hours to meet project deadlines or resolve issues.