Application Operations and DEVOPS Engineer
Duluth, GA | Scout
Application Operations and DevOps Engineer
- Collaborate with developers to design, implement, evolve and support applications in our secure and highly-available, multi-tenant platform.
- We take pride in the continuous delivery of high-quality, scalable and maintainable applications and infrastructure.
- Bridge and Own the union between development, quality, security and operations.
- Own systems administration and the pipeline from software development to production.
- Be passionate about the security, quality and uptime of the systems that power our platform’ s infrastructure, as well as all aspects of configuration management and automation – from the code repos though deployment, to production uptime.
- DevOps Blueprint/Cookbook Design, creation and execution.
- Responsible for maintaining / patching servers supporting SaaS products. This includes Windows Servers, Linux Servers running in in-house Datacenters and/or using cloud PaaS providers (AWS, Azure)
- Perform application upgrades for multiple SaaS products.
- Help develop standards, procedures and guides for managing servers and applications for security and high availability applications running in PaaS environments.
- Develop / Monitor dashboards to detect problems related to application, infrastructure and potential security incidents on daily basis.
- Participate in Disaster recovery planning and execution
- Participate in Audit of working procedures and making changes to meet statutory regulations
- 7+ years deploying and supporting high traffic, scalable web applications/services
- 7+ years administering Linux (esp. Ubuntu), including shell-scripting & command-line tools
- 3+ years with cloud virtualization and PaaS
- 2+ years with AWS
- 2+ years with VMWare vCloud or vRealize Automation
- 1+ years with Docker, Kubernetes and early versions of OpenShift
- Experience architecting, reviewing, and supporting complex, highly-available infrastructure
- Experience with orchestration, automation, and configuration management tools like git, Fabric and Ansible (or Puppet, Chef, or related technology)
- Excellent analysis, debugging, root-cause identification, and troubleshooting skills
- Experience managing application servers (nginx, apache, Postgres, Redis