Agile Product Owner
Atlanta, GA | Direct Hire
Agile Product Owner
We are seeking highly motivated, experienced and enthusiastic Product Owner to guide the development of our Merchandising and Marketing projects. In the Agile Scrum software development environment, the Product Owner is the project’s key stakeholder. The PO develops and maintains a vision for the product and is responsible for communicating that vision to the scrum team. The Product Owner is responsible for the product and product features from concept to EOL. The PO works with architects, product marketing and development teams to ensure that business, quality and functional goals are met with each product release. The PO is responsible for the design, usability, quality and delivery of a product or feature. The PO is the key decision maker on priorities and design decisions, and works to ensure that all stakeholders are aligned at each stage of the development lifecycle. The PO understands both the engineering and business side of the product release and is ultimately responsible for representing the end user’s needs.
- Collaborate with product architect and product marketing teams to translate business requirements into user stories for the development teams to implement
- Develop and maintain an appropriately prioritized backlog of user stories for implementation
- Work with project managers and technical leads to determine scope and priorities for product development cycles
- Work with development teams to ensure that they understand the vision for the product and are designing great features for our partners
- Develop appropriately detailed specifications for product features so that they are clearly understood by the development teams
- Inspire and motivate the development teams to deliver innovative and exciting solutions with an appropriate sense of urgency
- Act as an ambassador for the product internally and externally, and as the primary technical contact for queries related to the product
- Work with key stakeholders across the company to ensure successful product releases
Other desired skills:
- Excellent Communicator – Good listening skills are important as well as verbal and written communication skills.
- Goal-Oriented Self-Starter – Can set their own tasks and follow through.
- Ability to collaborate with people who don't report to you
- Flexibility/Multitasking Ability – Should be able to handle multiple job duties and take on unfamiliar and unanticipated tasks.