Agile IT Development Coach
Irving, TX | Contract
Client seeks a seasoned, dynamic, innovative individual to serve as Agile IT Development Coach for our software development project for one of our longtime clients. This is an opportunity to join a collaborative global team environment, providing the leadership necessary toward the successful delivery of the IT Retail Solution software & systems development project and effective communication to all levels of staff for reporting project status. Provide expertise and guidance which will be used in all phases of the project, ensuring quality assurance throughout the project life cycle, and coordinating the efforts of team members in order to deliver the project according to plan. Guide the implementation of effective technology solutions in an agile software - system development environment. This position requires a collaborative leader with strong initiative, self-direction and intuitive understanding of team cohesion, dynamics and interpersonal relations. The ideal candidate will be a problem solver with proven ingenuity and outstanding specialized expertise to raise the bar in project execution with strong Agile IT development experience.
• Responsible for providing impartial advice, guidance, and recommendations to the entire project team (including the client and other partners) on Agile-related matters.
• Provide all members of the project team with expert-level knowledge of Agile development methods ad templates, and to advocate Agile techniques and methods to senior decision makers - executives at client.
• Transform the development and test team from waterfall to agile methodology and discuss, plan, implement and execute plans and improvements at an executive level as well as other emerging technologies (digital, mobile) - Be able to manage both agile and waterfall projects together
• Develops requirements from a project' s inception to its conclusion for a particular IT subject matter area (i.e., simple to complex systems).
• Developing and managing the project plan, budget and sprint schedule including coordinating the efforts of all project participants and resources, while also serving as a hands-on participant
• Engaging with project stakeholders and subject matter experts to understand business inputs, functions, workflows and outputs to generate and document project requirements
• Develop a deep understanding of Retail Solution IT products (software - systems) and vision to guide the teams
• Producing recommendations for business and system solutions to address project requirements • Act as Coach - Master, helping to best leverage agile methodology to maximize productivity
• Provide feedback and suggestions for continual improvement of the agile process itself
• Work with other internal and external teams to resolve resource conflicts and clarify project priorities
• Facilitate getting work done efficiently by facilitating discussion, decision making and conflict resolution
• Assists other project members with analysis and evaluation and with the preparation of recommendations for system improvements, optimization, development, and/or maintenance efforts in the following specialties: information systems architecture; networking; telecommunications; automation; communications protocols; risk management/electronic analysis; software; life-cycle management; software development methodologies; modeling and simulation; disaster recovery; and requirements management.
- Minimum three (3) years Agile coaching and training experience, having worked in two (2) or more organizations or teams
- Minimum three (3) years Scrum Master experience
- Minimum three (3) years’ recent experience on new/latest mobile and cloud technologies
- Must be CTC certified (Certified Team Coach)
- Demonstrated experience in software development working on software development projects
- Must have experience transforming companies from Waterfall to Agile
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal
- Ability to effectively articulate details and high-level
- Very organized – effective time management
- Retail software development experience highly preferred
- Bachelor’ s degree preferred
- Very enthusiastic/high energy – outgoing personality
- Take initiative and ownership
- Great problem-solving skills
- Confident and comfortable performing coaching and mentoring tasks
- Ability to maintain composure working in demanding environments
- Customer driven and business savvy
- Comfortable working with and discussing proper agile techniques with all levels of an organization including CIO level.