Atlanta, Georgia | Contract To Hire
Business Analyst is responsible for providing valuable insight into the business, and must become a trusted adviser to the business through their analysis and interaction with various members of the organization and development team. In addition, the business analyst will work with multiple levels of the organization including key sponsors, leadership, and management level employees.
• The Business Analyst will work on discovery and exploration of new business efforts in addition to understanding the landscape of existing processes.
• The Business Analyst will quickly gain the buy in and confidence of the user community.
• The Business Analyst will also have time sensitive deadlines. The Business Analyst works with business stakeholders and software development teams to understand, translate and communicate business needs.
• The Business Analyst is responsible for owning the requirements, product backlog, and future enhancements of products developed by the development team.
• The Business Analyst is also responsible for acting as a proxy to the business stakeholders for other products as they move through their lifecycle.
• The key responsibilities of the BA are to build, manage, and communicate the status of the product backlog . As such, the BA will work with business stakeholders to identify, understand and write the stories that define the future vision of our products.
• The Business Analyst also provides guidance, leadership, and execution of business analysis and related project initiatives for the selection and development of custom and packaged applications. They typically work on multiple, technically complex, and/or high profile projects.
Facilitate analysis meetings with customers to determine and prioritize their business and system requirements for specific projects. Document and analyze requirements (e.g. business system, security, conversion, and report) to determine feasibility and recommend business process improvements where appropriate. Work with software developers to create functional design and document technical specifications.
• Perform process and/or data modeling and create entity relationship and application workflow diagrams. Coordinate with QA and Developers to manage data conversion including analysis of existing data, implementation of conversion process and data verification.
• Support Project Manager with scope definition, cost/benefit analysis, and project plan. Provide analysis task time estimates. Prepare application release notes and distribute them to the customer.
• Facilitate meetings in support of project teams and customers. Develop meeting agendas, minutes, and subsequent communication documents.
• Perform walkthroughs and/or prototype demonstrations Support 20-30%
• Provide hands-on production support. Identify and research problem trends and work with internal or external subject matter experts to correct and proactively prevent further problems by recommending and/or implementing bug-fixes, application enhancements, customer training, or other measures. Document and facilitate turnover plan to other technology groups as needed. 10% Training 10-20%
• Identify customer training requirements, participants, and desired time frames, and implement training delivery and documentation. Train customers on an individual or ad-hoc basis as needed. Quality Assurance 10-20%
• Structure business requirements to facilitate test plan creation. Support development team and QA with testing activities and needs. Coordinate and participate in User Acceptance Testing.
• Assist in the creation of application build schedules Project Management 10-40%
• May assist or provide project management in the absence of a PM as necessary, including project planning, development, change control, implementation, issue management, customer relationships, and team leadership. Reporting 5-10%
• May run, create, or assist in the preparation of system reports to provide information to the client. Other 5-10%
• Communicate regularly with senior team members regarding task or project status and opportunities to improve service levels or business processes. Escalate issues as appropriate to ensure quality service levels.
• Other tasks and duties as needed to support the team and/or business.