Saddle Brook, NJ | Contract To Hire
Accountant - Associate position for a captive equipment finance and leasing company. Equipment financed includes telecommunications equipment and software, digital film systems, IT servers, etc.
• Associates or Bachelor’ s Degree in Accounting, or the equivalent, plus a minimum of 1 to 3 years accounting experience required.
• Experience with lease accounting systems such as InfoLease, online banking systems such as JP Morgan Access and GL accounting systems such as SAP is a plus.
• Work with sense of urgency and accuracy
• Accounts payable and receivable experience
• Reconciliation experience
• Using online corporate banking platforms monitor and apply cash rental payments (checks, ACHs, online payments) to accounts receivable.
• Reconcile accounts receivable activity against daily cash received in selected bank accounts.
• Record new lease fundings within SAP and other computer systems.
• Prepare life cycle contract maintenance activities such as contract renewals, dispositions, charge-offs and restructures as well as asset inventory and disposition. Restructures asset inventory
• Prepare accounts payable forms to journal and pay SGA and invoices.
• Prepare journal entries, perform account analyses, and reconcile bank statements, fixed assets and key balance sheet accounts.
• Cross-train with other accountants to learn other job duties such as treasury activities.
• Assist with sales and property tax compliance.
• Assist with sales and property tax audits, internal and external audits and Sarbanes-Oxley compliance issues.
• Perform other duties and participate in special projects as required