*Technical Proposal Writer
Rancho Cordova, CA | Contract
Job Description: Our client is seeking a Proposal Writer to support with the development of responses to formal Request for Proposals (RFPs), Request for Information (RFIs), solicited by government agencies and private enterprises
- Must be familiar with the Shipley Methodology or equivalent proposal development process, from capture management through final proposal production.
- Proactively engages with key stakeholders to ensure that all written content is appropriate and to the highest quality standard, while maintaining complete commitment to accuracy and handling of sensitive and confidential data.
- Supports the Documentation Manager in proposal planning, escalating issues, and providing input to status reports.
- Provides writing and editorial expertise, and collaborates with proposal teams at each stage of the process; performs in-depth editing of draft responses for clarity, technical accuracy, continuity, readability, grammar, punctuation, sentence structure, and spelling.
- Collaborates with other members (Solutions Engineers, Subject Matter Experts, and Senior Leaders) to clearly write a winning proposal.
- Ensures proposals and related documents are complete and in compliance with internal editorial and proposal formatting standards.
- Analyze requirements and write compliant proposals in accordance with RFP instructions.
- Creates and maintains a proposal library in both hard copy and electronic format.
- Develops customizable boilerplate content to make the proposal process as seamless as possible.
- Abides by internal proposal processes, boilerplate material inventory procedures, and document version controls.
- Responsible for final production, packaging, and delivery of proposals.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- 5+ years of experience in technical proposal writing and editing, preferred experience in a Biometrics/IT field in support of Government or Private markets, OR 5 years of experience in technical proposal writing.
- Must have prior experience in developing proposals-- writing and editing proposal content, creating compliance matrices, and, responding to proposal-related customer questions.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.BA/BS in English, Communications, Journalism, Business or related field, or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrable ability to grasp technical concepts and translate to compelling sales proposals.
- Demonstrable mastery of the English written language including spelling, composition, and grammar.
- Ability to think critically and draw from several resources to create simple, unified, and persuasive documents.
- Attention-to-detail with the ability to review and edit proposal content for compliance, clarity, and proper use of terminology.
- Strong proofreading and editing skills.
- Must have Advanced Microsoft Word skills and have extensive experience with all other Microsoft Office applications (Microsoft Visio and PowerPoint), as well as Adobe Acrobat Professional.
- Experience with graphics software; Adobe Photoshop is a plus.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Demonstrated ability to multitask with numerous high priority demands in an intense, deadline-driven environment is a must.