*Software Test Engineer
Rancho Cordova, CA | Contract
- Design, develop and execute test procedures in an integrated testing environment.
- Create new test scenarios while making sure requirements are met.
- Develop and maintain automated testing procedures.
- Understand integration points, and ensure test scenarios cover all platforms, transactions, and interfaces.
- Generate requirements for the testing environment, making sure final software product and deliverables are tested in the integrated environment.
- Perform system and data analysis and propose solution to customer issues.
- Generating test data as needed.
- Work with customers and other SMEs to understand concepts and operations in order to understand the testing and validation needs.
- Document defects/issues encountered, capturing steps to recreate, document outcome and provide information to the development team for solution
- Understand the need for control and repeatability and act accordingly making sure issues are properly documented, recreated, and demonstrated to insure fixes are addressing the defects encountered.
- Must have some knowledge of .Net Windows and Java J-Boss
- BS degree or equivalent and previous experience as a programmer/developer.
- Must have hands-on work experience in the following technologies:
- Microsoft .NET technology using the following: WCF, C#.NET, Web Services, Java, Spring, Hibernate, J2EE, Oracle, JBOSS, HTTP, SOAP, XML.
- Experience with Oracle, SQL, scripting, and procedures.
- Experience in creating test plans, test case, documenting all phases, integrating all components, and understanding across platform dependencies.
- Experience in creating testing artifacts, understanding customer needs, and determining how to validate software features and functionality.
- Experience in documenting and performing performance related test cases
- Experience in researching issues related to interfaces, databases, review logs, and scripts to facilitate quick defect resolution.
- Independent; self-starter
- Receptive to learn
- Quick learner
- Take initiative