Rancho Cordova, CA | Contract To Hire
Summary: The position is responsible for all the aspects of QA SDLC from requirements review to test cases development to production support.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyzing the requirements, creating and executing Test cases; produce requirements review check list.
- Responsible for creating complete test cases, test plans, test data, and reporting status ensuring accurate coverage of requirements and business processes.
- Installation, platform, security, hardware interface, database, ad hoc testing.
- Unix, debugging (WIN SCP), fiddler, MS Suite and any coding or automation knowledge
- Education: BE, BS or BA (or equivalent) within a technical or business field or equivalent work experience.
- Required Experience: Minimum 3 years software test experience
- Must be able to create, maintain manual test cases and implement Automated Test Plans.
- Ability to perform Functional Testing, Integration, System & Regression Testing.
- Ability to create a Traceability Matrix to show the test coverage requirement vs. Test scripts.
- Experience in Regression the existing test cases with the different kind of operating systems
- Must be able to write DB queries and experience in data validations, conversions.
- Familiar with Agile and Scrum process.
- Hands-on experience with installation of platforms, security, hardware interface, databases, adhoc testing
- Experience with Load and performance testing.
- Experience in testing both Java and .Net applications required
- Familiar with Oracle databases highly desired
- Ability to analyze the system to understand the implementation or the issue investigation.
- Nice to have any programming language knowledge (Java, .Net, VBA or VBScript).
- Experience with tools to extend execution of the existing test cases on different browser and operating systems
- Tools/software - SharePoint, Team Foundation Server (TFS), Performance Tools, Basic
- Language Skills: Must be able to clearly and effectively communicate via email, teleconference, and in person meetings.
- Mathematical Skills: No specific skill required; basic mathematics and logic are necessary.
- Reasoning Skills: Must take initiative, be able to work independently, and produce measurable results that positively impact the quality of the software products.
- Computer and/or Technological Skills: Microsoft Office Skills required
- Experience with .Net applications a plus and automation tools.