*Presales Proposal Support
Rancho Cordova, CA | Contract
- Minimum of five or more years of technical writing or equivalent combination of education and experience in technical writing preferred
- Certifications, Licenses, etc.: Technical Writing Certificate a plus.
- Advanced MS Word and Office Skills
- Ability to use and adhere to existing styles/templates.
- Basic knowledge of print production.
- Familiarity with MS PowerPoint and MS Excel.
- Adobe Photoshop and Visio Skills
- Ability to use Photoshop to make graphics modifications.
- Ability to work with layered PSD files to facilitate graphics re-use.
- Experience using Visio to create diagrams, flowcharts, and conceptual illustrations.
- Required Skills
- Demonstrable mastery of the English written language including spelling, composition, and grammar.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills to quickly grasp technical concepts and translate to persuasive sales documentation.
- Demonstrable ability to convert technical knowledge into easily understood terms.
- Provides writing and editorial expertise, and collaborates with the team at each stage of the process; performs in-depth editing of draft responses for clarity, technical accuracy, continuity, readability, grammar, punctuation, sentence structure, and spelling.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines, which may require overtime hours
- Ability to work independently as well as constructively in a team setting
- Ability to work with and adapt to extensive electronic file systems and have strong organizational skills.
- Ability to adhere to existing stylistic conventions and required company standards
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable, even when standards or processes deviate from individual expectations
- Demonstrated ability to multitask with numerous high priority demands in an intense, deadline-driven environment is a must.
- Must be a team player with the ability to work independently when required.
- Education: A B.A. or B.S. degree in Technical/Creative Writing, English, Computer Science, Communication or related field.